Walk-in urgent care services
Centres at Hemel Hempstead Hospital and St Albans City Hospital will treat:
- Sprains, strains and broken bones (including sudden back or neck pain, muscle and joint injuries)
- Cuts, wounds, bites and stings (including where these have become infected)
- Minor burns and scalds
- Minor head and eye injuries
- Objects stuck in ears and noses
Where is my nearest walk in urgent care service?
The following urgent care centres are in west Hertfordshire:
Hemel Hempstead Hospital Urgent Treatment Centre
Address: Hillfield Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4AD
Telephone: 01442 213141
Open 8am to 10pm every day
- GP-led service that also treats minor illnesses such as ear, nose and throat problems; chest infections; flu-like symptoms; and skin complaints (eg. rashes, minor allergic reactions)
- Diagnostics and investigations including: x-rays, ultrasound, electrocardiograph, blood glucose monitoring, urine and pregnancy testing, urine monitoring and on-site tests for conditions such as sepsis and thrombosis
- Bookable appointments when referred through NHS111
St Albans City Hospital Minor Injuries Unit
Address: Waverley Road, St Albans, Herts AL3 5PN
Telephone: 01727 866 122
Open 9am to 8pm every day
- X-rays 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Can treat children aged 2 years and over.
- This is a nurse-led service.