Health and Wellbeing Strategy
The CCG is a member of Hertfordshire’s Health and Wellbeing Board. This brings together representatives from the NHS, public health, adult social care and children’s services (including county councillors) and Healthwatch Hertfordshire, to plan how best to meet the needs of Hertfordshire’s population and tackle local health inequalities.
The Health and Wellbeing Board has agreed the following principles:
- Aiming to keep people safe and reduce inequalities in health, attainment and wellbeing outcomes
- Using public health evidence to focus on the most significant health and wellbeing needs in Hertfordshire.
- Centring strategies on people, their families and carers but giving priority to the most vulnerable.
- Helping people and communities to support each other and prevent future problems
- Encouraging opportunities to integrate our services to improve outcomes and value for taxpayers.
The board signed off its refreshed joint Hertfordshire Health and Wellbeing Strategy at its public meeting on 14 June 2016.