Our Governing Body (Board)
Here is a link to our constitution.
The CCG membership is accountable for exercising the statutory functions of the CCG. The membership has chosen to grant authority for most functions to a governing body, our board, to act on their behalf. There are sixteen members of the CCG board, which is made up of:
- Eight GPs, two from each of our four locality areas, one of whom is appointed Chair of the CCG and one of whom is the deputy clinical chair.
- Four lay members, one of whom is appointed Deputy Chair of the CCG. Among these members, one has responsibility for governance matters, one for primary care commissioning and one for public and patient participation.
- A Secondary Care Specialist Doctor
- Three Executive members: the Chief Executive Officer (Accountable Officer), the Chief Finance Officer and the Director of Nursing and Quality.
The legal role of our board is to:
- Ensure that the CCG has appropriate arrangements in place to exercise its functions effectively, efficiently and economically and in accordance with the CCG’s principles of good governance, which include the Nolan Principles.
- Determine the remuneration, fees and other allowances payable to employees, office holders or other persons providing services to the CCG.
- Approve any functions of the CCG that are specified in regulations.
Further, in discharging functions of the CCG that have been delegated to the CCG board, board committees or joint committees, individuals must:
- Comply with the principles of good governance
- Operate in accordance with the CCG’s Scheme of Reservation and Delegation.
- Comply with the CCG’s standing orders.
- Comply with the CCG’s arrangements for discharging its statutory duties.
- Where appropriate, ensure that member practices have had the opportunity to contribute to the CCG’s decision making process.
Our board is supported by the following committees, the terms of reference for each having been agreed by the board:
- Audit Committee
- Remuneration Committee
- Primary Care Commissioning Committee
- Quality Committee
- Finance and Performance Committee
- Commissioning Executive Committee
- Patient and Public Involvement Committee