Safeguarding Children and Young People
Safeguarding children and young people is everybodies responsibility.
Herts Valley Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children. All staff in Herts Valley CCG have a valuable role to play in ensuring children remain safe from harm and to take appropriate action when concerns arise in order to protect them. This includes referring to Children’s Social Care and/or the Police Services if required.
All staff are also required to complete mandatory Safeguarding Children training at the level and frequency set within national guidance Safeguarding Children and Young People: roles and competences for all health care staff Intercollegiate Document 2014.
All staff are required to adhere to Safeguarding Children policies and guidance. Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board procedures can be found at http://hertsscb.proceduresonline.com/index.htm
CCG Safeguarding Team
Herts Valley CCG has Designated Professionals that have specific roles and responsibilities for safeguarding children and promoting the health of looked after children. They take a professional and strategic lead on all aspects of the health service contribution to safeguarding children. For support with any safeguarding children concerns contact the designated professionals:
- Mary Emson, Designated Nurse Safeguarding Children - via Yvonne Weaver on 01707 685349
- Deputy Designated Nurse Safeguarding Children - via Yvonne Weaver on 01707 685349
- Deputy Designated Nurse Looked After Children and Care Leavers - via Yvonne Weaver on 01707 685349
- Dr John Heckmatt, Designated Doctor, HV CCG on 01923 470 060
- Dr K Swaminathan – Designated Doctor Child Death on 01438 781455
If you have concerns that a child is being abused or their welfare is at risk, please contact:
- Children Social Care - Customer Services on 0300 1123 4043
- Hertfordshire Police - 0845 3300 222 or 999 if in an emergency